How can I save money on my European shipping?
There are a number of ways to save money on European shipping.
- Condense your orders. Send larger loads less frequently and you could see your costs reduce by up to 50%.
- Increase the height of your pallets. If your pallets are non-stackable, you will be charged for the space from the top of the pallet to the trailer roof. Why not build your pallets up to 2m or 2.4m. The shipping cost won’t be affected if you build your pallets up to 2.4 metres in height. ( based on original 1.2m high non stackable pallets.)
- If you have lots of orders of 1-3 pallets for all over Europe, it could be cheaper to send full load shipments to a European RDC (Regional Distribution Centre) in for example Belgium and pay for deliveries from there to other European countries. Depending on the volumes you may be able to secure some free storage too.
- Avoid sending 100% of your shipment by express transport. Use express parcel carriers to deliver enough freight to keep your European customers production going and send the remainder of the freight by standard or semi-express delivery.
- Ask for volume rebates from your main supplier by giving them preferred carrier status. Ask for 2% of quarterly freight spend to be credited back to you at the start of the next quarter.
Want to find out more?
Call the Espace team on 01543 418700 or click below