Sector Construction Value £5.6M Timescale 12 weeks
Over 3000 tonnes of product needed to be delivered to a new warehouse construction site in Germany in line with their customers build schedule. For large projects, build schedules are pretty much set in stone so hitting the delivery deadlines was vital. Espace was entrusted with getting every delivery to its destination on time.
- 150 full load trailers of mezzanine flooring systems to be delivered from the UK to a huge e-commerce site for a major brand near Magdeburg, Germany
- 24/7 liaison with lead mezzanine installer on site
- AM collections from 9 different UK sites
- AM deliveries to the German construction site
- Driver-accompanied trailers via Dover to achieve required transit times
- Contingency plans in place in the event of a No Deal Brexit in January 2020
European construction site deliveries can pose issues as far as delivery slots and congestion are concerned. Combining this with the size of the delivery as well as the multiple origin points made this a complex job
Over the course of a few meetings, we discussed the various transport options available for a project of this size. We agreed a preferred option and placed 20 trailers in the first two weeks to complete stage one of the project.
In the end all deliveries were collected and delivered on time, in full and with no damage.
We would be happy to discuss logistics requirements for any small or large construction projects that you may have. Please do not hesitate to contact us. Email email@example.com or call us on 01543 412348